- Other Apps
soft and chewy sausage bun recipe
Bread flour-250 g (2cups)
salt- ¼ tsp
Egg - 1
you can add 1-2 tbsp of flour dusting if you need.
Mix all the ingredients together except butter. Make a dough ball ready to knead. Knead the dough with butter. The dough will be very sticky at first but as you keep kneading it will come together eventually and will not stick to your hand anymore. After kneading put the dough ball in a greased bowl, cover and keep in a warm place until double in size. Divide the dough into 8 equal parts, roll it thin then wrap on sausage. Now rest it for 30-45 mins until it doubles in size. Brush beaten egg on top for a shiny, brown colour and soft crust. Bake for 15 mins then rub butter on top while still hot.
- You can use all purpose flour but bread flour makes a difference to the texture of the bread because it has more protein content than plain flour.
- I used instant yeast if you use active dry yeast you may need to activate it (Mix some of the warm water, milk, and sugar that you have measured in a bowl with Yeast, cover it for 15mins, when it appears foamy you are ready to go).
- Kneading is an important step for good bread. If you knead by hand it will take 15-20 mins, with machine 8-10mins.
- Grilling sausages give extra flavour which is optional
- Soft, sticky dough makes soft bread
- Temperature varies oven to oven so you may need to adjust the time and temperature a little bit
- If you find bread is browning too quickly place a piece of aluminium foil on top when you achieve the right colour.