- Other Apps
It's pouring outside and I'm craving something sweet but not in the mood to spend the whole afternoon in the kitchen. I can't think anything else but Butter pound cake! ya, I know all pound cakes are made of butter but I like to call it butter pound cake because it has more butter than flour and it's not chocolate pound cake.
I love the buttery velvety texture of the pound cake with a cup of tea on a rainy day. you can top it with cream cheese whipped cream frosting if you like the possibility is endless when it comes to making dessert with pound cake. But I will stick to the basic today.
Ingredients:200g cake flour(1 1/2cups)
225g salted butter(1 cup)
3 large eggs (144g)
150g sugar(3/4 cup)
4g baking powder(1/2 tbsp)
vanilla extract(1/2 tbsp)
lemon juice(1 tbsp )
10" x 4" x 3"
Bake for 70-75 minutes at 170°C preheated oven
- grease your loaf pan and place a parchment paper in the bottom
- preheat your oven at 170°C
- sift flour and baking powder together
- beat room temperature butter to loose a little then ad sugar and beat until fluffy and pale.
- add room temperature eggs one at a time and beat each time to well combine
- beat butter and egg until the mixture fluffy and pale in colour (15-20 mins)
- add vanilla and lemon juice
- pour the mixture into the pan, jiggle and tap to evenly spread
- bake at 170°C for 70mins
- cover with an aluminium foil after 30 minutes of baking if you see the top is burning.
* beating butter and egg is very important.take your time.
* If you over bake the cake it could dry easily.
* Check at 60-65 mins if its done or not.
* Baking time varies a little on pan size and oven type.
* spray/brush lightly with lemon sugar water if you think outside is overbaked.