- Other Apps
This is my everyday bread recipe. I always bake my own bread. I don't remember when I bought bread last time. The bread stays soft for days but I highly recommend to keep the bread at freezer if you want to store it for more than 1 days to stop mould to grow and to retain freshness.
sugar-3tbsp(you can use 1tbsp if you like less sweet)
pan size: 19cm x 10cm x 10cm
- mix all the ingredients in a bowl except butter
- add butter during the kneading process
- knead until the dough very stretchy
- Place in a well-oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth.
- Allow rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- place it into well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until thdough has risen 1/2 " below the pan.
- put the lid on and let it rise for 5 mins
- then bake at 180°C/356°F for 30 Mins
- you could knead by hand but it will take longer(15 mins)
- make sure your yeast is alive or bread won't rise
- put the lid on when the dough rises 1/2" below the top then let it rise for 15-20 mins. If you hit the dough while putting the lid on the dough may deflate
- turn the bread pan after 20 mins for even baking on each side.
- You know the bread is done when you see hollow sound when you tap it
- under baked bread smells yeasty