- Other Apps
Delicious savoury stuffed fried doughnuts recipe
Ingredients for 16 doughnuts:
plain flour/bread flour 300g (2cups-pressed) I used bread flour
milk 110g (120ml)(1/2 cup+2tbsp)
Instant yeast 1+1/2tsp
sugar24 g (2tbsp)
salt 5g (3/4 tsp)
egg 49g (1)
butter 30g (2tbsp)
Ingredients for stuffings:
3 boiled eggs
1 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup cilantro
2 tbsp basil
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup parmesan
- in a bowl add all the ingredients for dough except butter
- if you use active dry yeast activate with milk and sugar first
- then knead the dough until smooth
- make a dough ball, grease it and cover to rise double in a warm place(around an hour)
- in the meantime make your stuffing by combining all the ingredients together
- when the dough looks like double in size, dump on your work surface. don't knead the dough, just punch the air out.
- devide it into 16 equal piece
- stuff and shape as shown in the video
- when done making all the doughnuts deep fry in the medium low hot oil.
- fry around 2 -3 minutes
* It's natural for strong flour dough to pull back when rolling out the dough. Anytime you feel difficult to work with the dough just rest the dough for 15 mins covered to relax and it will be easy to work with.
* don't use flour dusting if possible because the seam won't stick easily and will open up during frying.
* you don't need to rest the shaped doughnuts more than 10 mins.
* basically by the time you finish shaping all the doughnuts they puff up a little bit which is enough.
* tightly seal the edges to avoid opening up while frying.
* if not cooked thoroughly yeast smell will be noticeable
* cook on low heat to stop browning outside quickly