- Other Apps
colourful sprinkle chiffon cake that makes everyone happy. decorate it with rainbow frosting.
4 large egg yolk
40g sugar (1/4 cup)
50g milk (3 tbsp)
120g cake flour (1 cup
1tsp strawberry or vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder(optional)
4 egg whites
50g sugar (1/4 cup)
2tsp lemon juice
* Mix egg yolk, sugar, milk, extract, and oil in a bowl
* add sifted cake flour then mix until smooth
* Now make the meringue
* beat egg white until frothy then add sugar and lemon juice
* beat until stiff peak forms and the foam looks glossy and smooth
* don't over beat
* add 1/4 of the meringue into the batter
* mix gently to make the batter loose
* add some more and mix
* finally add the most and rest of the meringue
* fold gently without deflating the egg foam
* Pour the batter into a 7" pan slowly
* tap the pan on the table to get rid of big air bubbles.
* bake at 165°c preheated oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when you poke it into the middle of the cake.
- the egg white will not whip up properly if there is any trace of egg yolk in the white. so separate carefully.
- Over baking causes dry cake, so check 5mins beforehand, as oven temperature may vary.
- underbaking will shrink the cake after cooling down
- use a piece of aluminum foil to cover the cake after you achieve the right golden brown color you like to stop burning the top
- the recipe does not require any baking powder but you can use 1tsp if you like